- This event has passed.
KNOW THE LAW: Intro to EPA Hazardous Waste Training Webinar
August 25, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
YOUR NEXT STEP: Register! TRAIN AND PROTECT: EPA Hazardous Waste Personnel Training
- September 21 | 8:30am – 11:30am
- Annual training for all facility personnel where hazardous waste is generated
- Frequency, amount, and type of training varies based on your hazardous waste generator status.
- The more hazardous waste you generate, the more training you require
- Handout: KNOW THE LAW: Intro to EPA Hazardous Waste Personnel Training
- Article: Episodic Generation of Hazardous Waste for a Small Quantity Generator Under the Generator Improvements Rule
- Article: Episodic Generation of Hazardous Waste for a Very Small Quantity Generator Under the Generator Improvements Rule
Initial and annual training is required for all personnel whose job responsibilities bring them into contact with hazardous waste, have a responsibility for management of hazardous waste, or may respond to a hazardous waste emergency.
The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) is the public law that creates the framework for the proper management of hazardous and non-hazardous solid waste. The law describes the waste management program mandated by Congress that gave EPA authority to develop the RCRA program. The term RCRA is often used interchangeably to refer to the law, regulations and EPA policy and guidance.
Join this training to learn:
- What constitutes hazardous waste
- Who is required to complete hazardous waste training
- How to complete hazardous waste training
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Daniel Stoehr is the Owner and Training Services Provider for Daniels Training Services. He has over twenty years of experience with the EPA hazardous waste and the DOT HazMat Employee regulations. As an employee of Laidlaw Environmental Services, Daniel was subject to these regulations on a daily basis and received regular training as a HazMat Employee and Hazardous Waste Personnel. As an employee of Fehr-Graham and Associates, it was his responsibility to provide consulting and training services on a wide range of subjects to a variety of industrial facilities.
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org