- This event has passed.
KEEP IT LEGAL: Need-to-Know COVID-19 Employment Issues for the New Year Webinar
February 11, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
WEBINAR DOWNLOAD: Need-to-Know COVID-19 Employment Issues for the New Year
As we transition from 2020 to 2021, COVID-19 related employment issues unfortunately will not end. In fact, in the new year, employers will be faced with a whole new host of issues, including:
- What should employers do when employees need time off for COVID-19 related reasons in the new year, with the scheduled expiration of the leave provisions of the FFCRA on December 31?
- The COVID-19 vaccine is coming, but can employers require employees to be vaccinated when it is available?
- Is remote work here to stay, and could it now be deemed a reasonable accommodation under the ADA as a matter of course?
- Presentation Slides: Need-to-Know COVID-19 Employment Issues for the New Year
- In response to the question of public vs. private employer’s ability to require the vaccine of employees: A public employer, like a private employer, may also require employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, subject to the religious exemption under Title VII, and the medical exemption under the ADA.
- Governor Pritzker Announces Expansion of Phase 1B Eligibility on February 25th (Announced February 10, 2021)
In light of a steadily increasing federal vaccine supply, Illinois is making plans to expand Phase 1B eligibility on February 25 to people who have comorbidities and underlying conditions as defined by the CDC. In addition, Illinois will also prioritize individuals with disabilities.
Presented in partnership with:
Unable to attend the live session? A recording of the panel discussion will be available for download at the IMEC Coronavirus: Update page.
Cost: FREE! A recording of the panel discussion will be available for download on this page following the live session.
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org