- This event has passed.
Moving Manufacturing Production from Offshore to Domestic Webinar
September 2, 2020 @ 11:30 am - 12:15 pm
When a company decides to return production of an item from an international location to the United States, there are many factors to take into account before manufacturing can begin.
Some top level executives may think they can call to “Move production from China to the US!” and make the change quickly. In reality, there is considerable engineering effort, tooling and assembly expenses, and time required to move production from a global producer to a U.S. production facility.
The primary focus is the need to redesign the product, or at least significant aspects of the product. Moving production back to the U. S. highlights global differences in:
- Product specifications
- Labor practices
- Work preferences
- Requirements for ergonomic assembly
- Factory practices
- Work ethic
- Supply chain logistics
The resulting impact to the product involves product cost, methods of assembly, regulatory agencies, available materials and fabrication techniques, different material and labor costs, and different warranty and field reliability impact.
Join IMEC and Advanced Automations to learn the differences in producing domestic vs. international, reasons for the differences, and how to turn the return to domestic production into an opportunity for a better and more profitable product.
Webinar Download: Moving Manufacturing Production from Offshore to Domestic
SPECIAL OFFER: Become a Premier Domestic Manufacturer
- The Premier Domestic Manufacturing Program provides an opportunity for Illinois manufacturers to open new sales channels offering locally produced components to large OEMs, as substitutes for imported products. The program will provide a list of vetted and qualified OEMs that import products our manufacturers produce or can produce competitively. A team of experts will then provide coaching to teach you how to sell your products and the idea of reshoring to these OEMs.
- Visit the Premier Domestic Manufacturer page to get started!
Additional Webinar Resources
- Moving Manufacturing Production from Offshore to Domestic Presentation Slides
- IMEC Launches Premier Domestic Manufacturing Program to Boost Import Substitution
- The New Supply Chain Blog Series
Presented in partnership with:
Presented with support from:
Cost: FREE! A recording of the webinar will be available for download at the IMEC Coronavirus: Update page.
Presenter: Errin Gnadinger, Founder and Chief Technology Officer | Advanced Automations, LLC
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org