- This event has passed.
Employee Childcare Challenges: Support Your Workforce in a Pandemic Panel
November 13, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
SESSION DOWNLOAD: Employee Childcare Challenges: Support Your Workforce in a Pandemic Panel
COVID-19 has highlighted the need for employees, company leaders and service providers to work together to identify solutions to meet the individual childcare challenges facing each company. There is no one-size-fits-all plan for either the employee or the employer.
Employees are attempting a balance of commitment to their job and safe care of their children. Companies are grappling with how to maintain productivity amidst the reality that many workers cannot simply shut off concerns of their life outside work.
Join IMEC and CMISP for a virtual event that lays out opportunities for manufacturers to support their workers – and their families – through these unprecedented times.
This panel discussion includes:
- Company Perspective: Hear from a large and a small manufacturer, sharing the challenges their workforces face around childcare. We will learn how 2 companies are supporting employees with the new demands placed upon them.
- Programs and Services: Learn about the existing programs and support available for manufacturers, as well as guidance for individuals as they seek dependable and safe options for childcare.
- Q&A: Company leaders and service providers will be available for your questions on the topic of supporting your employees with their childcare challenges.
SPECIAL OFFER: Complimentary Employee Engagement Pulse Survey
- The IMEC Employee Engagement Pulse Survey is a short survey to assist in exposing the thoughts of your workforce. The Pulse Survey helps to identify blind spots and areas of opportunity that will assist you in creating strategies.
- To start the conversation around Employee Engagement, contact Emily Lee at email@example.com.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES: Employee Childcare Challenges: Support Your Workforce in a Pandemic
- Presentation Slides: Employee Childcare Challenges
- Illinois Network of Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (INCCRRA): A state level resource where you can type in your address and find a referral agency who can connect you to local childcare services.
- Chicago Commons Video: New Health & Safety Protocol
- Illinois Action for Children
- Find an Early Learning Program with ExceleRate: An interactive “finder” tool that distinguishes between bronze, silver and gold providers
- Early Care and Education Services Map for Illinois: An interactive map across the state of childcare providers
- SAL Child Care Connection: Offers parent support and technical assistance navigating finding a quality child care program which meets the family’s needs based on many factors. Questions to Ask When Interviewing Child Care Providers, Indicators of Quality Child Care Arrangements, and Help in Applying for Child Care Assistance. Their referral services are without cost and not based on family size or income.
- OSHA Young Workers Rights & Information
Presented in partnership with:
Presented with support from:
Unable to attend the live session? A recording of the panel discussion will be available for download at the IMEC Coronavirus: Update page.
Cost: FREE! A recording of the panel discussion will be available for download on this page following the live session.
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org