Made in Illinois: A Playbook for Illinois Manufacturers to Compete and Win
- Accelerate global competitiveness
- Rethink how you define “excellence”
- Reimagine the path to organizational success
- Includes 7 compelling interviews with manufacturers who have “been there, done that”
- A book for every member of your team: C-suite, operations, HR, engineering, sales, front office, board level, R&D, founders, frontline supervisors, second-in-commands, and all the future leaders of your organization
Praise for Made in Illinois
“. . . As things evolve and our companies figure out the new game, politically, economically, and culturally, it’s nice to know IMEC is there with resources like your new Made in Illinois, A Modern Playbook for Manufacturers to Compete and Win. One of my favorite parts of this excellent PLAYBOOK was the simplicity of what should be the most important focus - People, Performance and Mindset – with tactical advice. Thank you Dr. Boulay and team for always supporting our special people. We appreciate your dedication.”
“I relate especially to two priorities from this book: workforce and supply chains. Both declined in the U.S. from 2000 until 2010. Both are now coming back. The two are tightly related. We need a higher quantity and quality of workforce to compete and produce the work being reshored. Higher productivity then enables more reshoring, repairing supply chain gaps and attracting more high potential recruits.”
“. . . Made in Illinois, is a wonderful new compilation of writings from the Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center and leading manufacturers eager to share their lessons, experiences, and leadership to help the next generation of manufacturers succeed. Leaders across all sectors can find valuable stories that will foster excellence for our state’s creators and makers, dreamers and doers.”
“A helpful guide on how to improve operations, cultivate a high-performing team, and win in the global manufacturing landscape. Dave has captured his team’s most important and relevant advice for manufacturing leaders into one easy-to-read playbook.”
“The success story of U.S. manufacturing was built on adaptability and resilience. IMEC has proven itself to be stewards of both, and they will continue to be an education and networking hub for Illinois manufacturers for decades to come. There’s no better way to stay current on tech, trends, and best practices in the industry.”
“. . . In short, Made in Illinois is recommended for any manager who believes her/his company is less than perfect.”
“At a time of unprecedented change, challenge, and opportunity, the IMEC team has created an extraordinarily solid framework for manufacturers that are hungry to compete and thrive.”
The world of manufacturing is changing.
Are you prepared for the global stage?
The global manufacturing stage is being reset and opportunities abound. Are you prepared to win? Will you build a culture that attracts a wider talent pool? How will you cultivate a high performance team? What strategies can you put into play with current resources and minimal investment? How will you inspire resilient leadership?
From our work with manufacturers across the beautiful state of Illinois, we’ve put together the best-kept secrets on hot button issues, including:
- Widening your hiring pool
- Improving internal communication
- Understanding your voice of customer
- Integrating new technology on your shop floor
- Implementing a solid go-to-market strategy
- Preparing for crisis
- Creating a path to organizational success
- Includes easy-to-use checklists for repeatable success and insightful interviews with Illinois manufacturers
- And more!