“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
I help businesses achieve cost savings, reduce risk, and improve customer satisfaction by implementing the right Quality Management System with effective internal auditing, data collection/analysis, and continual improvement programs. By doing this, I assist in the creation of a company’s culture of continual learning and improvement in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
I have 25 years of combined multidisciplinary laboratory and manufacturing experience in academic and industrial settings. I began my career as a bench scientist and honed my critical thinking, problem solving, and leadership skills by progressing into scientific research study direction, resource management, and departmental management in both research and manufacturing environments. I have gained valuable experience seeing quality systems problems from several vantage points: Quality Manager, Consultant, and Auditor, and have trained groups and individuals in quality methods (e.g. root cause analysis), team dynamics, auditing, occupational safety, data analysis, various technical applications, and research instrument operation.
I received BS and MS degrees in the biological sciences from UIUC, and have additional credentials in Quality, Auditing, and Safety.
- CQE, CQA, CQM/OE, CQIA
- Exemplar Global Quality Systems Auditor (ISO 9001 & 13485)
- OSHA Authorized General Industry Trainer
- Quality System Implementation and/or Remediation
- Quality System Auditing & Gap Analysis
- Training Facilitation
- Technical Writing
- Team Formation & Facilitation
- Data Analysis
- I have assisted with Quality System remediation at two medical device manufacturers under consent decree from the FDA that resulted in clearance of the order.
- In 2017, I assisted 5 companies with successful transition of their QMS to ISO 9001:2015.