The wide array of technologies disrupting the marketplace promises profound impacts on the business models, processes, and workforce needs of small and mid-sized manufacturers. You face the daunting task of understanding the technologies, determining the most effective investments for your business, and engaging appropriate resources and expertise. This is particularly true with the backbone of your business – your Manufacturing Information Systems (ERP/MRP). IMEC is poised to help you define the opportunities, scout the technology options, and find the right solution for your investment.
- Data and Information
- Knowledge and Learning Resources
- Technology scouting
- Automation and Digital Manufacturing
- Cloud Migration
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Digital Marketing
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Marketing Automation
- Product Innovation (R&D)
- Rapid Prototyping
The decision to implement a new enterprise-wide manufacturing information system is not an easy one. It may stem from recognizing the shortcomings of the existing system or from proactively looking at future information requirements. Common attributes of an effective software system include:
- Increased system stability and reliability
- Reduced scrap and defects tracking
- Increased Sales/Order Entry efficiency
- Shop floor or work center data collection
- Reduced or eliminated human error
- Quality systems/ISO reporting requirements
- Reduced or eliminated non-value added steps
- Bar coding inventory
- Customer Just in Time (JIT) requirements
- Increased inventory accuracy
- Improved management reporting
- Increased product costing accuracy
- Automated work order generation
- Finished product tracking
- Increased production scheduling efficiency
- Maintenance scheduling
- Machine utilization tracking
- Fleet maintenance and scheduling
- Standardized work instructions and processes
- Reduced Work In Process (WIP)
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) requirements
IMEC uses a thorough, unbiased methodology in helping your company to identify, select, and implement an enterprise-wide manufacturing information system. Evaluation and Selection is the first step in IMEC’s Manufacturing Information System Optimization process. Through this process, we work with your company to quantify your manufacturing information needs, evaluate and assess your current processes, and identify available manufacturing software packages that meet or exceed those needs.
Using the process developed by the Research Triangle Institute International (RTI), IMEC will search outside traditional channels to find solutions for unmet technology needs.
Step 1 - IMEC will work with small and mid-sized manufacturers to evaluate each situation and determine whether enhanced technology is a potential fit.
Step 2 - We search for technology options using cross-market, cross-discipline visibility and known network resources such as Universities, Federal Research Labs, or corporate developers.
Step 3 - We identify emerging technologies using nontraditional investigative techniques. We look at aligned industry sectors, case examples of technology used in vertical industries, and determine whether a technology can be re-purposed to match the client’s situation.
Step 4 - We thoroughly evaluate the technologies to ensure they address the problem/need stated by the client.
- Gain unexpected solutions from diverse technical fields that meet specific technology needs
- Develop joint venture partnerships to accelerate time to market
- Develop technology and process improvement partners
- Reveal new opportunities for products/process improvements
Contact IMEC to discover how an ‘Enterprise Excellence’ focus can help maximize your business efficiency and productivity: