Lunch & Learn: Value Stream Mapping
June 5 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Hosted by IMEC and the Workforce Development Center of John Wood Community College, this Lunch & Learn provides an introduction to a tool for efficiency: Value Stream Mapping
Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is a diagnostic tool that enables a company to identify waste in manufacturing and administrative processes using data gathered through observation and experience. VSM often results in
- Reduced costs
- Improved communication
- Increased quality
- Reduced Lead-time
- Discovery and better understanding of the Value Stream
At the VSM Lunch & Learn, attendees will learn:
- What is Value Stream Mapping?
- Why it is beneficial for a company to know its current-state value stream map and to develop a future-state vision.
- Introduction of the impact of a VSM on all aspects of a business, including production, supply chain, sales, office operations.
- A “taste” of VSM process.
SAVE THE DATE – JULY 10!
For a deeper dive into how to apply VSM at your organization, mark your calendar to attend the Tools for Efficiency Workshop: Value Stream Mapping workshop on July 10. More details to come!
Cancellations made within 7 days of series start may be subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
Cost: $35 per person; includes materials and lunch
Sponsors: IMEC, John Wood Community College
Presenter: Rick Winkler, IMEC Technical Specialist
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 309-677-4633
Contact Email: email@example.com