- This event has passed.
Sustainable Food & Beverage Manufacturing Workshop
June 20, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join experts from the University of Illinois Sustainable Technology Center and partners to learn about the latest sustainability technologies and efficiency opportunities in the food and beverage industry.
This event is open to manufacturers from all industries – not just food and beverage manufacturing – who want to take their facility to the next level of sustainability, efficiency and energy savings.
The workshop offers:
- Energy efficiency opportunities for food manufacturers
- Renewable energy: take your facility to net-zero energy
- Water conservation: benefits of proper water chemistryin water and wastewater treatment systems
- Waste reduction and waste diversion best practices case studies
- Safer sanitation methods through effective alternatives
- LEAN for food and beverage manufacturing
All attendees will have the opportunity for a free on-site assessment.
8:30am – Registration
9:00am – Workshop starts
- ISTC’s Technical Assistance Program – ways to reduce your facility’s environmental footprint and save money. Pollution prevention and energy efficiency opportunities and examples: Lighting, VFDs, Air, Process Cooling, Process Heating, Refrigeration, HVAC, Water Conservation, and RM Utilization – Dan Marsch, ISTC
- Aqueous Ozone: learn about a safer, more effective alternative to chemical sanitizers – Mike Springman, ISTC
- Institutional Water Treatment: benefits of proper water chemistry in water and wastewater treatment systems – Mike Springman, ISTC
- Supply Chain Sustainability: a food manufacturer case study – Shantanu Pai, ISTC
- Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program: Overview, incentives, and resources – Joe Birschbach, Ameren
- Renewable Energy Opportunities for Food Manufacturers – Tim Michels, Energy Resources Group
- LEAN for food manufacturing: learn about eliminating the 8 non-value-added wastes in your manufacturing processes – Rick Winkler, IMEC
12:30pm – Lunch and Networking
Cost: FREE – lunch is provided
Sponsor: Illinois Sustainable Technology Center; Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Programs, IMEC, Energy Resources Group, Inc.
Contact Name: Zuleima Chagui
Contact Phone: 630-472-5017
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org