- This event has passed.
Risk Management: The Importance of Cybersecurity for Defense Manufacturing – DuPage County
July 29 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
To register for the session in Kane County, click here to visit the registration page for the June 19 event.
Emphasis on current and future defense contractors and sub-contractors
Identifying the risks facing your company is the first step. How is your team prepared to address and resolve potential threats – for the security of your products, customers and employees?
By attending this half day event, manufacturing leaders – with a particular emphasis placed on current and future defense contractors and sub-contractors – will learn more about risk management considerations and how to integrate an effective cybersecurity approach and mitigate the risks of cyber threats.
The department of defense mandates specific risk controls – how are you implementing these in your operations?
Attendees will also:
- Learn how to identify and combat these risks from industry solutions specialists
- Start developing their risk plan through a cyber security framework
- Leave with action steps to help improve their risk management
- Have to opportunity to sign-up for individual organization assessments and follow-on planning
- 8:00am – Networking Breakfast & Check-in
- 8:30am – Opening: Representatives from local organizations
- 8:45am – Risk Management Overview
- 9:15am – Cyber Security: What Are Your Risks? Identify – Protect – Detect – Respond – Recover
- 10:00am – Break
- 10:30am – Organizational Risk Identification: Table Top Exercise: Assess Company Risks and Identify Actions for Mitigation
- 11:30am – Start Defending Against Cyber Risks Today: Closing and Cybersecurity Consideration for Initial Implementation
- 12:00pm – Networking Lunch
Presented in partnership by:
- Chicago Metro Metal Consortium (CMMC)
- Chicago Regional Growth Corporation
- Choose DuPage
- Cook County Bureau of Economic Development
- Illinois Defense Network
- Kane County
- Technology & Manufacturing Association
- University of Illinois Office of the Vice President for Economic Development and Innovation
- Valley Industrial Association
- workNet DuPage
Cost: $50 per person. Registration includes light breakfast, lunch and training materials
Contact Name: Emily Lee, IMEC Program & Partner Relations Coordinator
Contact Phone: (309) 677-4633
Contact Email: email@example.com