- This event has passed.
REDUCE NOISE HAZARDS: Webinar on the New OSHA Regional Emphasis Program
June 28 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
YOUR NEXT STEP: Complimentary Safety Assessment
- Identify opportunities to strengthen your safety plans
- Outline plans to make improvements.
- IMEC experts are available to help you begin addressing your gaps.
- Conducted on-site or virtually
- To request a conversation, contact Emily Lee at email@example.com.
- Presentation Slides: REDUCE NOISE HAZARDS: Webinar on the New OSHA Regional Emphasis Program
- Link to Region V Noise Emphasis Program
- Link to OSHA Noise Standard
Just announced! Federal OSHA in Illinois, Wisconsin and Ohio, to take steps to identify and reduce hazards associated with exposure to high levels of noise.
A new Regional Emphasis Program (REP) will address noise in private manufacturing industries in NAICS sectors 32 and 33, with higher than average hearing loss rates for Manufacturing as reported by Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2020.
The REP is effective June 1, 2021 and will expire May 31, 2026. There will be a 90-day outreach period and enforcement will begin September 1, 2021 and include:
- On-site inspections
- The review of operations, working conditions, injury and illness records
- Safety and health program evaluations to identify hazards.
This session will provide a presentation addressing the Regional Emphasis Program, OSHA’s noise standard and noise controls.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Brian Bothast is a Safety and Occupational Health Specialist with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in Peoria, Illinois. He has worked for Caterpillar in the Environmental, Health, and Safety Department and as an Assistant Area Director and Industrial Hygienist with OSHA. He is a graduate of Illinois State University with a B.S. in Environmental Health.
Cost: FREE! Unable to attend the live session? A recording of the panel discussion will be available for download at the IMEC Coronavirus: Update page.
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org