- This event has passed.
Lean Tools: Quick Changeover / Set-Up Reduction Workshop
August 1, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
This workshop, with hands-on simulation, teaches the fundamental principles of Quick Changeover/Set-up Reduction. It defines set-up, and participants will discuss reasons and barriers to reducing set-up time. The course follows the principles first expressed by Dr. Shigeo Shingo and his work on Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED).
Participants learn the standard methodology in applying SMED to any type of set-up or industry. The techniques covered demonstrate how to reduce changeover time from hours to minutes and even seconds.
As an example, see the results of Quick Changeover/Set-up Reduction on the Formula 1 racing world:
Participants will learn to:
- Understand how quick changeover/setup reduction supports lean manufacturing
- Understand key concepts related to quick changeover/setup reduction
- Learn the principles of SMED
- Learn to apply SMED using a disciplined, visual process of documentation and improvement
- Experience a team approach to quick changeover/setup reduction
- Learn how quick changeover/setup reduction can be applied to support functions throughout the value chain
Cost: $309 per person; registration includes materials and lunch
Sponsor: John Wood Community College, IMEC
Presenter: Ed Huey, IMEC Technical Specialist
Contact Name: Kelly Lewis, John Wood Community College
Contact Phone: 217-641-4971
Contact Email: email@example.com