- This event has passed.
PROTECT YOUR TEAM: DIOSH Day 2022 | 3 Workplace Safety and Health Virtual Sessions
March 1 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Session 1 Handout: OSHA Update – Protecting the Safety and Health of Workers
- Session 3 Handout: Key Elements of a Routine Safety Training Program
- Read: OSHA Regional Emphasis Program
- Read: OSHA National Emphasis Program
- Read: What to do During an OSHA Inspection
- Watch: PROTECT YOUR TEAM: OSHA National and Local Emphasis Program Update Webinar
- Watch: REDUCE NOISE HAZARDS: Webinar on the New OSHA Regional Emphasis Program
- Watch: LEADING THROUGH CHANGE: Creating a Strategic Roadmap for Successful Change Management Webinar
- Watch: Identify the Gaps: Where Is Your Safety Program Today? Webinar
- Read: Caring: One Path to Improve Workplace Safety
PROTECT YOUR TEAM is a slate of virtual presentations to refocus Illinois safety leaders on overall workplace safety and health. While we cannot be together for the traditional DIOSH Day and SIOSH/Safetycon Conferences, you can spend the day learning from OSHA experts and regional service providers for best practices in workplace safety and health.
Session 1 | 8:30 am | OSHA Update
Brian Bothast, Safety & Occupational Health Specialist – U.S. Department of Labor / OSHA
This session will provide an overview of OSHA’s National Emphasis Programs for 2022 and the inspection emphasis areas in Central Illinois. Brian will share information on the violations OSHA inspectors identify on emphasis program inspections and provide participants an update on the new emphasis programs for noise, tank cleaning, and COVID-19.
Session 2 | 10:30 am | Safety Leadership and Change Management
Scott Honer, Senior Loss Control Representative – Daniel & Henry Co.
This session will focus on the essential components of a safety program and how the industry is transitioning to safety systems, the role leadership plays in the safety system, and how to manage change from regulations, the environment, and technology.
Session 3 | 1:00 pm | Key Elements of a Routine Safety Training Program
Mark A. Woodward, Senior Safety and Risk Services Trainer – Missouri Employers Mutual
It’s time for a safety meeting – what are you going to talk about? How are you going to present it? Come to this session for the answers! We will discuss safety resources available to help you with your safety efforts and how to design safety training to have the biggest impact.
After attending each session you will leave with resources to immediately put in place to upgrade your safety program (system) and training.
Presented in partnership with:
IMEC • AAIM Employers’ Association • American Industrial Hygiene Association, Prairie Section • American Society of Safety Professionals, Central Illinois Chapter • Greater Peoria Contractors & Suppliers Association, Inc. • Illinois OSHA • IMEC • United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) • Southern Illinois Construction Advancement Program • Southern Illinois Builders Association • COCA, Inc. • TekSolv
Contact Name: Kristy Johns
Contact Email: email@example.com