- This event has passed.
Practicality of USMCA: How to Apply the Regulations Webinar
October 27, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
YOUR NEXT STEP: REGISTER! MANAGE YOUR RISKS: Assess and Plan for Future Disruptions Webinar
- November 4 | 11:30am
- Learn aspects of managing for risk, and how a Risk Assessment can inform your risk planning to allow all aspects of your company to thrive through the next disruption.
Join the Illinois SBDC International Trade Center at Bradley University, in collaboration with BDG International, to discuss the practicality of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA). Our presenter will discuss by what means a product originates, special rules of origin as “de minimis” that has changed since NAFTA, and documentation requirements and verifications.
- Important developments included in the USMCA
- Recovery of originating content (related parties)
- Importation of goods into Mexico and Canada
- Move those goods efficiently and legally
Who should attend?
- Businesses that export to Canada and Mexico
- Businesses who are importing/exporting anywhere
- Customs Brokers/Freight Forwarders
- Transportation Intermediaries
Economic Development Councils Advantage of attending:
- Product/s that did not qualify under NAFTA, it is possible that they now qualify under the USMCA
- Parts/components’ suppliers to the automotive sector may be affected by the new rules of origin
- Equal compliance responsibility for producers, exporters, and importers
- Benefits to Chapter 25 small and medium-size enterprises
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Lisa Waller is a graduate of Illinois State University, Bachelors of Science in International Business and an emphasis on Eastern Studies. In 1993, Lisa joined BDG International, Inc. Lisa has traveled professionally throughout Europe & South America and parts of Asia and is fluent in Spanish. Lisa is a U.S. Licensed Customs Broker, IATA Certified, DG Certified, IAC Security Coordinator, a Certified Customs Specialist, and a Certified Export Specialist. It is the goal of BDG International, Inc. to educate the public on complying with the regulations, working through incoterms and letter of credits, proper routing selection and in the end making export easier in order to assist the exporter to sell their product globally. With a team backing her, Lisa is able to put this goal into full force and speak at seminars impacting a larger audience.
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: email@example.com