September 10 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Manufacturing Matchmaking event is rescheduled to September 10, 2020.
Manufacturing Matchmaking is an excellent, local opportunity for manufacturing representatives to meet with potential new customers and/or suppliers, while sharing information, samples and more that could help secure a new business partner.
Think of it as speed dating for the manufacturing supply chain!
HOW IT WORKS
- Once registration is closed, a listing of all participating companies will be emailed to registrants.
- Participants review the list, then select and rank preferred matches using our convenient online selection form.
- Several days prior to the event, you will receive your detailed matchmaking schedules, outlining up to 10 company-to-company meetings.
- Formal matchmaking meetings will end at 12:00pm for continued open networking during lunch.
- 8:00am – Registration
- 8:30am – Welcome
- 8:35am – Conversation with MakingChips: Jason and Jim believe that manufacturing is challenging, but if you are connected to a community of leaders, you can elevate your skills, solve your problems, and grow your business. MakingChips is designed to equip and inspire manufacturing leaders to succeed in the challenging world of manufacturing.
- Jim Carr is a Manufacturing Leader and CEO of a precision machining facility, Carr Machine & Tool, Inc.
- Jason Zenger is President of ZENGERS Inc, a firm that solves tooling and supply chain issues through continuous improvement projects
- 9:30am – Noon – Company-to-Company Matchmaking meetings and Non-Manufacturer Exhibit & Showcase
- Noon – 1:00pm – Networking Lunch
PARTICIPATING LARGE MANUFACTURERS
AAR Corp. (NYSE: AIR) is an independent provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers worldwide.
AAR Corp. Matchmaking Needs: AAR is seeking versatile and capable small businesses who can supply parts or provide repair services in support of a broad range of fleet types (e.g. C40A, C-130, F-16, UH60, CH47, Twin Otter, C208, KC-135, and E-3). In particular, AAR is in need of high performing machine shops that can produce landing gear spare parts and components as well as quality repair shops capable of servicing components for the UH60 Blackhawk or F117 Engine.
Oshkosh Defense stands behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. For more than 100 years, Oshkosh has designed, tested and manufactured a robust portfolio of heavy, medium, light and highly protected military vehicles and technologies to support the U.S. Armed Forces and its allies. As a tactical vehicle manufacturer, every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers’ ever-changing needs with next-generation defense technologies and advanced systems. Every Oshkosh vehicle is backed by a dedicated team of experts, a global logistics and supplier network that spans six continents, and a complete range of life cycle sustainment services to optimize fleet readiness and performance. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense Matchmaking Needs: Oshkosh Defense is committed to working with a diverse supply base that is representative of our customers and the communities we serve. Oshkosh Defense is currently in need of the following products/services from suppliers that are ISO certified by an accredited agency: Large complex fabrication assemblies, extrusions, frame rails, large tube fabrication (1.5 in and larger), air tanks, fuel tanks, hydraulic tanks, fabrication prototyping, door hardware, castings, wire harnesses, box build assemblies, communication cables/RF cables, fiberglass, rotational molding, silicone hoses, springs, bearings, electron beam welding, and in-house painting.
LB Steel is one of North America’s largest Steel Fabrication / Plate Service Centers covering four city blocks with over 450,000 square feet of buildings. LB Steel is certified to the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standard. Our value-added fabrication services include laser/oxy-fuel burning, machining, welding, leveling, assembly, sandblasting, and painting. LB Steel’s customer base is diverse, including companies such as Amtrak, Alstom, Caterpillar, EMD, Progress Rail, Manitowoc, Grove, Thyssen Krupp, Bucyrus, Joy Global, Komatsu, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, U.S Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, and the Nevada Test Site. LB Steel is currently producing components for the new Amtrak Acela High Speed Train with a scheduled route from Boston to Washington D.C. through New York City. The paint facilities at LB Steel have been given the highest rating by Caterpillar. LB Steel offers a quality product at competitive rates, quick turn-around times and deliveries with emphasis on customer satisfaction.
LB Steel Matchmaking Needs: LB Steel is in need of high performing machine shops to meet the demands of their varied customer base.
- Each Manufacturing Company Registration allows you to send up to 3 attendees to participate as a team in matchmaking conversations. To have additional teams for matchmaking conversations will require an additional Company Registration at $250 each.
The registration deadline is essential (and early!) to allow for the matching to be appropriately facilitated. Please be sure to sign up early as appointments will be FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. We will try our best to accommodate your priority match requests.
Upon registration, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Name, title & email address for additional Company attendees
- Company NAICS Code
- Description of your Company’s Core Competencies
- Share the types of opportunities your company is seeking
- Markets served by company
- The certifications, registrations, and/or compliance your company holds. (These are not required for participation.)
- ISO 9001:2015
- PPAP Levels 1 – 5
- DFARS 800-171
REGISTER AS A NON-MANUFACTURING ATTENDEE
- Each Non-Manufacturing Company Registration allows you to send up to 2 attendees to host an Exhibitor/Vendor table. The Non-Manufacturing Organization Registration does not include formal matchmaking conversations with other participating companies.
Companies that do not have a manufacturing NAICS code but contribute a product or service to the overall manufacturing process will have the opportunity to participate in an exhibitor forum that occurs in tandem with the matchmaking sessions
Brought to you in partnership by:
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 309-677-4633
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org