- This event has passed.
Human Resources Best Practices 4-Day Series
January 24, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wearing Multiple Hats: The Evolving Role of the HR Professional
Sessions meet on January 24 and February 7, 14 and 21 from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Individuals from small to mid-sized companies whose job description includes a formal HR title, or those who perform the functions of attracting, hiring, onboarding, engaging and developing the workforce. Regardless of their level of experience, if participants work on the “people” side of the business, they can benefit from this series of learning events.
You’ve built your career around the core belief that your organization’s people are its ultimate differentiator. As business becomes more competitive and the marketplace more demanding, you are seeing that good people are the key to success. The challenge of finding and then keeping them keeps you up at night.
This four day event will require you to think through your company’s approach to its “people strategies.” What processes do you use and how close are they to best practices? How does a potential candidate, faced with multiple options, compare your company with others? And, if they decide they want to apply for one of your positions, how easy is the process? What happens during those first crucial months of employment? How likely are they to stay at your organization?
These and other questions will be addressed in this four-day learning event.
Training content includes:
Day 1: Streamline Your HR Processes | January 24
- Process Map your HR Practices. Compare your current strategies of attraction, hiring, and retention against Industry Best Practices. Identify your successes and address your gaps.
Day 2: Attract the Ideal Candidates | February 7
- Create a Profile for your ideal candidate and learn ways to make it easy for them to apply for your available job openings.
- Give them a Strong Start by learning ways your leaders can coach new associates to become productive more quickly
- Increase the likelihood of new associates staying with the organization
- Enhance new associates’ sense of engagement and commitment to the new job
Day 3: Engage and Retain a Talented Workforce | February 14
- Learn how an actionable Employee Engagement Survey can give you a roadmap for improvement
- Uncover and address what individuals need to be more satisfied and engaged at work.
- Inspire higher levels of engagement by acknowledging the value people bring to the organization and showing them that they matter.
- Increase the quality of conversations with people about their engagement and intent to stay
- Learn how different motivations drives each generation
Day 4: Develop Your Employees | February 28
- Recognize the importance of development to the success of individuals, teams, and the organization.
- Use a three-step process—Assess–Acquire–Apply—to identify strengths and growth areas, plan development actions, and successfully implement development plans.
- Employ a set of best practices to overcome common development barriers and challenges.
- Measure the effectiveness of your development efforts so you know if you are successful
HR Best Practices to Drive Change
- Accelerate the process of making change happen.
- Minimize the potential negative effects change can have on productivity, morale, and collaboration.
- Turn resistance into commitment and inspire team members to take ownership of change.
- Clearly communicate the business rationale and benefits of change for the team and the organization.
Cost: $1,295 per person. Grant funding through DACC is available, decreasing the per registration investment to $647.50.
Sponsor: Danville Area Community College, IMEC
Contact Name: Stephanie Yates, DACC
Contact Phone: 217-554-1628
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org