- This event has passed.
FILL THE GAP: Solving the Welder Shortage with Robotic Technology Webinar
January 21 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
WEBINAR DOWNLOAD: FILL THE GAP: Solving the Welder Shortage with Robotic Technology Webinar
NEXT STEP FOR MANUFACTURERS: Apply for Automation Implementation Support
- Complimentary I-SMART Automation Implementation Evaluation: Let the industry experts from IMEC, CIRAS or Purdue MEP evaluate the suitability of potential applications, determine business case for best option(s), and provide written report to company on findings.
- Visit the Industry 4.0 Showcase Manufacturer page to get started!
Many manufacturers nationwide are having a difficult time finding quality welders. Based on the American Welding Society (AWS) estimates a welder shortage of 372,000 in the U.S. by 2026. In order to stay in business and be competitive, forward-thinking companies are now looking into automating their processes.
We will highlight arc welding solutions for manufacturers of all sizes, from high-volume suppliers to high-mix, low-volume job shops. In addition, we will feature a variety of welding options for increased flexibility and improved uptime.
In addition, we will review how to evaluate both outsourcing your welding demands on a contract basis or automating internally.
Topics covered in this session:
- Technology that addresses the skilled welder shortage.
- Identifying alternatives that includes outsourcing welding to contract robotic welding companies
- Decreasing production costs with cellular manufacturing and evaluating future ROI with automation
- How educational institutions are closing the gap
- Increasing profitability and expanding capabilities.
ADDITIONAL WEBINAR RESOURCES: Solving the Welder Shortage with Robotic Technology
- Solving the Welder Shortage with Robotic Technology presentation slides
- Becomes an Industry 4.0 Showcase Manufacturer
- Five Simple Digital Applications That Are Changing Manufacturing
This event is sponsored by the National Institute of Standards and Technology Manufacturing Extension Partnership, Purdue MEP, The Center for Industrial Research and Service at Iowa State University (CIRAS), and the Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center (IMEC).
Presented in partnership with :
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: email@example.com