- This event has passed.
The Essential Role of a Freight Forwarder Webinar
November 9, 2021 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
The Illinois SBDC International Trade Center at Bradley University is collaborating with LR International to discuss that export sales are a great way to develop new markets with fresh customer opportunities. However, export transactions are a bit more complicated than domestic sales and there can be fear of the unknown.
A freight forwarder is a key player in your export success. Freight forwarders work with the exporter, shipping companies, and other important partners such as your bank and the Federal Government to make sure your transactions are compliant and that you get paid for your overseas sales.
Join us as we take a deeper dive into the role of a freight forwarder in your export transaction. The following are some key topics we will discuss to better prepare your organization for export sales growth.
- Role of the freight forwarder in an export sale
- 2020 Incoterms: how they limit the risk, cost, and loss
- Payment methods and ways to mitigate non-payment risk including understanding the letters of credit
- Credit insurance: cutting the stress and making foreign payments less risky
Who should attend?
- Business who are exporting/importing anywhere
- Banks and finance entities
- Consultants, freight forwarders, and customs brokers
- 3PLs, 4PLs (third- and fourth-party logistics)
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Mr. Paul Jarzombek began his logistics career over 2 decades ago working for European and Japanese based freight forwarding companies. Trained in Operations Management with a specialization in Ocean freight project management, he has been a partner with LRI since 1994. Mr. Jarzombek is responsible for LRI’s overall operations performance including quality standards, International agent and vendor relations as well as worldwide customer service and satisfaction. With the C.E.O and C.F.O. Mr. Jarzombek is charged with shaping the direction and culture at LRI.
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: email@example.com