- This event has passed.
ENGAGE AND INSPIRE: Leader Skills for Improving Employee Engagement Training Series
September 20 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Registration is closed. Please contact Emily Lee with any questions at email@example.com. Thank you.
Training will meet from 1:00pm-3:00pm on each of the following dates: September 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27 and 28.
Leaders are the key to sustaining a highly engaged workforce. Whether you work with your teams face-to-face or in remote settings, leaders must be equipped with and continuously refine their foundational skills. For leaders to succeed they must be able to effectively communicate and connect with every individual on your team. This is a skill that must be developed and honed.
The objective of these workshop sessions is to provide tools and allow participants to practice and strengthen skills that will help them interact with their staff, proactively address performance issues, and encourage continued good performance.
Announcing a series of seven 2-hour virtual workshop sessions that provide training and skill development in:
- Foundations for good job relations
- How to solve problems that you face with your teams
- Effective communication that addresses employees’ personal needs
- How to plan and hold effective performance discussions
- How to provide regular, meaningful feedback to employees
These workshops are uniquely designed to provide time for learning as well as for practice so the participants are confident using the skills immediately.
Grant funding may be available to offset training costs to companies located in the following counties: Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Perry, or Williamson. Scroll down for more details.
- Increased employee engagement
- Reduction in employee complaints
- Reduced absenteeism
- Increased employee retention
- Clarity of goals and objectives
- Training will meet from 1:00pm-3:00pm on each of the following dates: September 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 27 and 28.
- Training is hosted via Zoom to accommodate participants from a wider geographic area.
Companies in Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Perry, or Williamson counties:
- Complete the online registration form.
- Complete the TWO (2) Incumbent Worker Training forms: 1) Company Application. 2) Participant Form.
- Submit the TWO (2) Incumbent Worker Training forms to Man-Tra-Con Corporation, as outlined on the forms.
Companies not in Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Perry, or Williamson counties – Registration opens August 20:
- Complete the online pre-registration form.
TRAINING COSTS AND PAYMENT
- $500 per attendee
- Payment is required upon registration.
- Grant funding may be available – as reimbursement – to offset training costs to companies located in the following counties: Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Perry, and Williamson.
GRANT FUNDING ELIGIBILITY (for companies in Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Perry and Williamson Counties)
- The employee(s) to be trained must be at least 18 years of age and have been employed a minimum of 6 months with the applicant business.
- IWT funds are meant to assist the employer in order to avoid lay off or to remain competitive but also to improve the skill sets of the employees – trainings which result in an industry recognized, transportable credential are highly valued.
- The employer needs to document the procurement of the trainer. Man-Tra-Con funding demands proof of some type of competitive procurement process has taken place. If it is sole source we just need proof of that in writing.
- Man-Tra-Con reimburses the employer after the agreed upon training has been purchased and delivered. Proof of attendance and/or the certificate for each employee trained is required.
- There is an employer match requirement. This match can be met by the wages or stipends you are paying your employee during training. The minimum amount of employer share in the IWT depends on the size of the employer and may not be less than: 10 percent of the cost, for employers with 50 or fewer employees; 25 percent of the cost, for employers with between 51 to 100 employees; and 50 percent of the cost, for employers with more than 100 employees.
Form 1: Incumbent Worker Training Application: document contains fields for information about your company and the requested training program.
- Link to form: https://bit.ly/ManTraCon-Company-Application
- Discuss the need for training and the expected benefits that will improve productivity (include the benefits such as opportunities for “backfill,” how it strengthens business relationships, etc).
Form 2: Incumbent Worker Training Participant Form. A Participant Form must be completed for each employee receiving the training.
- Link to form: https://bit.ly/ManTraCon-Participant-Form
- It is not necessary to send the Participant Forms at the same time as the Application – however, Man-Tra-Con must have the Participant Form prior to executing the contract with the contractual amount.
At the completion of training, companies who applied for grant funding must submit the following to Man-Tra-Con Corporation in order to be reimbursed for the training:
- A copy of the bill showing it has been paid
- A copy of payroll records that show employees were paid during their total training period and that it is equal to (or exceeds) the match requirement.
- A copy of the Certificate of Completion, provided by IMEC
- A copy of payroll documents that show an increase in wage (if applicable)
For any questions on the grant funding opportunity, please contact:
- Emily Perks, DOL Grant Coordinator | Man-Tra-Con Corporation
About the Trainer
Joanne Romero focuses on the people aspect within an organization.
As a bi-lingual (English & Spanish) professional with IMEC, she is able to help manufacturers excel with a more engaged workforce. Her primary focus is on employee engagement and workforce development to help employees voice their needs and feel empowered within the organization especially Spanish-speaking employees. She also has extensive training with export documentation to help manufactures ship across U.S./Mexico borders. Joanne uses her skills and knowledge she gained from earning her B.A. in Public Relations and M.A. in Interpersonal Communication.
Cost: $500 / participant for 14 hours of training.
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org