- This event has passed.
Cybersecurity Resiliency for Defense Contractors Webinar Series – Session 1: Foundation of Cybersecurity
October 8, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
WEBINAR DOWNLOAD: Laying the Foundation: The Need for Cybersecurity in U.S. Manufacturing
The 6-part Cybersecurity Resiliency for Defense Contractors webinar series will meet every Thursday between October and November 12, from 10:00am to 11:30am.
With the Department of Defense (DoD) ramping up its focus on cybersecurity for the supply chain, manufacturers will need to take specific steps to protect covered defense information (CDI) if they want to continue doing business with DoD.
With current and future DoD contracts at stake, compliance is a strategic necessity that contractors cannot ignore. And with third party certification audits to be conducted in 2020, time is running out for manufacturers to reach compliance.
To help navigate this new terrain, IMEC and the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) National Network, have assembled a team of cybersecurity experts to assist in understanding the consequences of non-compliance and how to ultimately achieve compliance. Through this support, defense contractors will learn exactly what steps to take to ensure the protection of all information as well as the future of their business.
Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to attend all six sessions for a complete picture of the requirements to achieve cybersecurity compliance.
Session 1: Laying the Foundation: The Need for Cybersecurity in U.S. Manufacturing
October 8 @ 10:00am – 11:30am
Session 1 Handout: Laying the Foundation: The Need for Cybersecurity in U.S. Manufacturing
- Why the need for cybersecurity?
- How and why threats are impacting US Manufacturing
- What is new in cybersecurity?
- Why does DFARS exist?
- Current requirements for companies with Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) or DoD Covered Defense Information (CDI)
- What is CMMC?
- DFARS NIST 800-171 Audit Spreadsheet Template
- System Security Plan (SSP) & Incident Response Plan
- Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M)
- Supplier Performance Risk System
- How to write policies and procedures – and how are they different?
- What to do and what not to do when working towards compliance
- Examples from manufacturers of what works – and what does not
- What is Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)?
- Levels of CMMC framework and how to determine required level of compliance
- Identify – Protect – Detect – Respond – Recover
- DoD-required Incidence Response Plan
Presented in partnership with:
Presented with support from:
Sponsor: IMEC and the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) National Network
Presenter: Chris Newborn, Professor of Information Technology (Cyber Security Emphasis) | Defense Acquisition University
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org