- This event has passed.
BE THE CHANGE: Corporate Social Responsibility – Leadership for a Changing World Workshop for Illinois Manufacturers
September 23 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am
YOUR NEXT STEP: REGISTER!
- EXPAND YOUR SEARCH: Recruitment Marketing in a Digital World Webinar
- October 8 | 11:30am
- Attract new employees using similar channels for customer marketing and sales channels
- CATCH YOUR BREATH: Improve Team Engagement in Manufacturing Amidst Changes Workshop
- October 13 | 3:30pm – 5:00pm
- Practical tools to increase employee engagement and develop a company’s ideal culture, where workers feel valued and that they are making a difference.
- Slide Handout: BE THE CHANGE: Leadership for a Changing World
- Project Brief – Blank Template
- Sample Project Briefing Worksheet Document
- Read: Corporate Social Responsibility – Why Nike and Others Are Re-Using, Recycling and Refurbishing Products for Sale
Workshop Three: Leadership for a Changing World | September 23
- What does it mean to be an ‘inclusive leader’?
- How can you and your leadership team model, mentor and motivate your employees in a way that encourages the best outcomes?
- What does diversity and inclusion mean in the context of your business practices?
Corporate Social Responsibility, or CSR, and its flipside, ESG or Environment / Social / Governance practices are the new buzzwords of the decade. They stand to be some of the most defining criteria for businesses since the introduction of quality standards.
Any business – especially small and mid-sized manufacturers – considering seeking investors or to sell, wanting to attract young and talented team members, or improve its standing in the eyes of customers will need to pay close attention to the array of practices that make up this way of doing business.
In these three 60-minute interactive sessions, participants will:
- Learn what CSR might mean for leadership and the organization.
- Discover key steps that can be taken to leverage current activities.
- Begin exploring initiatives that may enhance any efforts to be a thoughtful company, capable of contributing to the greater good.
- Leave each workshop with practical skills to implement immediately and ideas that can be incorporated into the strategic planning process.
- Receive a ‘how-to’ guide, links, resources and answers to FAQs.
This series is specifically designed for small to mid-sized manufacturers who are interested in learning about the benefits and advantages of investing in CSR practices as part of an overall strategy for encouraging business growth and revitalization.
Registration for BE THE CHANGE: Corporate Social Responsibility – Doing Good to Do Better is limited to Illinois manufacturing leaders. If you are not an Illinois-based manufacturer, please check out the other event opportunities from IMEC.
Presented in partnership with:
Continue Your Learning on Corporate Social Responsibility
- How can the principles of CSR support your organization’s ability to be more productive, effective and profitable?
- What is CSR and why does it matter?
Workshop Two: Incorporating CSR into Your Brand
- How can CSR practices help to attract and retain the best and the brightest?
- How can these practices be verified and validated in the eyes of customers, stakeholders and investors?
- What does it mean to be a ‘good corporate citizen’?
Cost: Valued at $250 per company, this training is available at no cost to Illinois manufacturers through Federal CARES Act funding.
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: email@example.com