- This event has passed.
Common Cybersecurity Attacks: Tangible Steps for Prevention and Detection
August 14 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
This event is canceled. Please contact Emily Lee with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
This workshop will cover the primary tactics cybercriminals use to break into organizations, steal data, and wreak havoc. Attackers look for the weakest link – is it your people, processes, or technology?
Common vulnerabilities and tactics within these areas will be discussed, including the following examples: social engineering, lack of incident response policies, and misconfigured firewalls.
Using case studies that feature real life scenarios from various industries, this interactive workshop provides an opportunity to process through real-life examples, uncovering:
- How an attacker gets into an organization
- Methods to detect a system breach
- Tactics to protect against future cyber attacks
You will leave with practical strategies that you can implement in your own organization to protect your company from cyber attacks.
- Social Engineering Tactics (In-Person, Phishing, Removable Media, Telephone)
- Foundational Cyber Hygiene
- DFARS 800-171
- Common misconfigured and vulnerable technologies, such as:
- VPN Devices
- Unpatched systems
- Domain controllers
- Risk Assessment
- PII, PHI, and Sensitive Data Stealing
- Darknet and Black Market for stolen data
Cost: $309, includes workshop materials and lunch
Registration Deadline: August 1, 2018
Sponsor: IMEC, Alpine Security
Presenter: Alpine Security cybersecurity experts
Contact Name: Emily Lee, IMEC
Contact Phone: 309-677-4633
Contact Email: email@example.com