GROW YOUR BUSINESS: Breaking into Government Contracting Webinar
November 15 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Learn the basics of government contracting.
The U.S. Government is the world’s largest buyer of products and services. Purchases by military and civilian installations in FY20 amounted to over $600 billion, and included everything from complex space vehicles to janitorial services. Goods and services provided by the private sector are critically important for government operations. By law, federal agencies are required to establish small business contracting goals. Currently at least 23% of all government buys should be awarded to small businesses. Combine the federal marketplace with state and local government agencies, the total government marketplace tops $7 Trillion in annual spend. Unfortunately, for a small business, the procurement process can be complex and challenging to navigate.
The Illinois PTAC at Bradley University wants this marketplace to be as accessible as possible. As a result, we are offering this webinar for those newly considering government contracting. The content will enhance your basic understanding of the procurement process and introduce resources to help you determine if this customer is a good fit for your business. We will discuss our no-cost bid matching service, necessary vendor registrations (at all governmental levels- SAM, IPG, etc.), and tools such as small business certifications that can help you succeed.
Who should attend:
- Newly hired or re-assigned professionals in all government contracting roles at all levels and all sizes of organizations
- Businesses and organizations who are exploring or have acquired a government contract – either as a prime contractor or a subcontractor
- Specialists who have been working in limited areas of procurement; those who have not had the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the total picture
- Experienced professionals needing an effective refresher, to be brought up-to-date on new rules, procedures, rights, and remedies
- Contract and subcontract administrators, program and project managers, accounting and finance professionals, general counsel and corporate and government attorneys, among others.
- History of government acquisitions
- Awareness of statutes, laws and regulations
- Identifying the different types of contracts
- State of IL contracting
- Obtain basic knowledge on small business certification
Meet the Presenter
Keli Krueger-Huhra | Director, Illinois PTAC at Bradley University
Ms. Krueger-Huhra has 28 years of progressive career growth in automotive manufacturing integrating Procurement and Supply with the organization’s strategic objectives. Prior to joining the Illinois PTAC program, she was General Manager/Director, Procurement and Supply at Mitsubishi Motors North America Manufacturing Division where she was responsible for 32 direct and indirect management and staff engaged in Procurement Administration, Cost Engineering, Production Purchasing, Material and Services Purchasing, Supplier Quality Assurance and New Model Engineering and Development directing annual spends of $740M in Global Sourcing with suppliers in 266 global locations.
Contact Name: Keli Krueger-Huhra
Contact Email: email@example.com