- This event has passed.
16th Annual ASQ Lean-Sigma Conference – SIU-Carbondale
May 2, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
IMEC is a proud supporter of the 16th Annual ASQ Lean-Sigma Conference at Southern Illinois University – Carbondale.
The ASQ Lean-Sigma Conference features 3 concurrent tracks with speakers representing diverse manufacturing and service companies. Session topics include the general subjects of Six Sigma, Lean enterprise, quality, and reliability.
IMEC Featured Session: The Red Bead Experiment
Created by W. Edwards Deming, one of the founders of modern quality improvement, The Red Bead Experiment illustrates how typical managers try and fail to improve quality. This very interactive, fun activity has the following objectives for participants:
- Identify at least one similarity between the Red Bead Experiment and manager-employee relationships in any work environment.
- Understand outdated management techniques that are highlighted in the activity.
- Understand how outdated techniques are ineffective when trying to improve quality.
- Pre-Registration Rates (Until April 22, 2019)
- $95 for Professionals
- $30 for Faculty / Staff
- $10 for Students
- Registration Rates (After April 22, 2019)
- $100 for Professionals
- $40 for Faculty / Staff
- $15 for Students
Registration: Includes registration, breakfast & lunch
Sponsor: ASQ SIU Student Chapter; Department of Technology, SIUC; IMEC
Contact Name: Chris Jones, SIUC ASQ President
Contact Email: email@example.com