Position: Technical Specialist: Digital and IT Emphasis
Location: Northern Illinois
Position Description and Responsibilities
The Technical Specialist initiates and maintains relationships with manufacturers, assesses their challenges and opportunities, supports IMEC consulting teams by helping manufacturing clients optimize their performance, and sells IMEC’s manufacturing improvement capabilities and resources.
- Provide direct consultation to manufacturers within their own area of expertise
- Identify trends, industry drivers, and digital manufacturing technology gaps across manufacturers in Illinois Industry 4.0
- Conduct digital manufacturing readiness assessments
- Maintain awareness of the latest advances and developments in digital manufacturing technologies as well as ERP/MRP
- Develop go-to-market strategies for digital manufacturing technology transfer services
- Prepare proposals
- Deliver sales presentations
- Manage project engagements.
- Develop and manage third party resources.
- Participate on IMEC’s service development and process improvement teams.
Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years’ experience working with manufacturing companies with a career progression that includes leadership responsibility. Master’s degree preferred. An emphasis in Engineering, Technology, Marketing, Computer Systems or Operations Management is preferred.
Particular consideration will be given to candidates with experience in Digital Technology with specific experience with technology transfer methodologies used by Universities, Labs and Manufacturing Institutes. A strong understanding of product design and development, product and manufacturing engineering, and advanced manufacturing is desired. Additionally, a demonstrated ability to conceptualize, articulate and pioneer initiatives around Industry 4.0.
Strong ERP/MRP experience in selection and implementation skills are desired.
Candidates should be sincerely interested in helping manufacturers implement new manufacturing techniques and processes. Must have good computer skills and be a strong written and verbal communicator. An IMEC Technical Specialist will need tact and diplomacy in dealing with manufacturers, professional associations, government stakeholder representatives, and other service providers.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to synthesize and present highly technical data succinctly to nontechnical business executives, and interact effectively with all levels of a manufacturing organization.
Position requires travel to remote manufacturing facilities across the state. Driving is an essential function of the job. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. This position has a lifting requirement of up to 70 pounds. Applicants must be capable of accessing manufacturing facilities which may not be ADA accessible.
Dependent upon Qualifications. Excellent benefits and working environment.
Submit cover letter (including desired office location), a resume, and contact information for three business references.
IMEC and its Subrecipient organizations, including Bradley University, SIU, NIU, and UIC are EOE/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employers.