Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Peoria, IL area
Manages the execution of IMEC’s strategic marketing plan. Develops and implements strategies and tactics to influence IMEC’s target audience, generate project leads, and increase market penetration. Manages marketing department staff and student support staff and works with third party resources.
- Implements tactics to broaden awareness of IMEC’s capabilities among key constituencies. Generates project leads among target prospects and current customers.
- Executes permission-based e-mail marketing program and electronic marketing strategy, including website design and updates, and social media coordination.
- Coordinates marketing-communications to reach targets, including direct mail, print newsletter, success stories, events, sales letters and follow-up, and paid advertising/advertorials.
- Leads event marketing efforts; develops schedules, marketing plans, promotion strategies, advertising, sponsorships & local alliances.
FIELD SALES SUPPORT
- Designs and oversees production and distribution of sales, marketing and promotional collateral.
- Supports service development process to ensure timely and effective introduction of new capabilities to the market.
- Trains field staff on effective use of materials to support sales efforts. Refines materials and sales-support tactics as necessary.
- Develops service-marketing strategy to better rationalize/package services and maximize client impact and IMEC revenue.
- Responds to staff requests for marketing assistance and campaign support.
- Creates region-specific campaigns to boost market presence and generate business in key IMEC territories.
RESEARCH AND CLIENT INTELLIGENCE
- Performs primary and secondary market research to identify customer needs, assess competitive environment and improve targeting.
- Leads manufacturing matchmaking outreach program to identify supplier scouting opportunities for clients in manufacturing organizations across the state; federal level opportunities also matched.
- Monitors IMEC sales activity and track secondary data sources to identify emerging manufacturing challenges. Educates IMEC field staff.
- Implements industry sector targeting strategies.
- Mines internal and external data sources to support marketing decisions.
- Measures effectiveness of all marketing activities.
- Manages integrity of customer and partner databases and mailing lists
IMEC BRAND MANAGEMENT
- Achieves organization-wide design consistency in all external communications, including promotional collateral, presentations, proposals, letterhead, displays, and web.
- Reviews and refines messaging to ensure alignment with customer and market needs.
- Works with external designers and printers to ensure highest quality materials
- Manages public relations activities for brand awareness and relationship development; includes primary communication with stakeholders through press releases, research and regional advertorials.
- Serves on internal continuous improvement teams
- Supports development of Strategic Alliances
- Supports Internal Communication, Employee Relations and Staff Training
- Supports Service Development and Operational Execution
- Supports Legislative Relations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to interact with all levels within IMEC and customer operations
- Demonstrated writing efficiency and research capabilities
- Experience in print production, media buying and design
- Working knowledge of business development and b2b marketing techniques
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and project management skills
- Database management capabilities
- Proficiency with word processing and design software
- Ability to self-manage and meet goals in an autonomous environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of marketing experience required, 6 years preferred. B2B marketing experience preferred.
- Position may require travel to remote manufacturing facilities across the state. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Applicants must be capable of accessing manufacturing facilities which may not be ADA accessible.
Must be able to communicate effectively with community organizations, public stakeholders, third-party resources, client personnel and employees at all organizational levels and to develop effective working relationships with staff and a network of technical resources.
Individual must be a team player with the ability to exercise independent, sound judgment and discretion; be able to plan; be well organized; work well under pressure; take initiative, and be flexible and cooperative.
Position requires the ability to sit for long periods at a computer terminal. Some walking, standing, and bending are required.
Normal office environment and standard hours with extended hours and weekend work as required. Requires the ability to travel by aircraft and automobile to remote locations as needed, and the ability to drive/operate an automobile.
Dependent upon Qualifications. Excellent benefits and working environment.
Submit cover letter, a resume, and contact information for three business references.
IMEC and its Subrecipient organizations, including Bradley University, SIU, NIU, and UIC are EOE/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employers.