Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Bradley University campus, Peoria, IL
IMEC, located on the Bradley University campus is seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant provides support for the leadership team and field staff. The Administrative Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Bradley University is a top-ranked, prestigious, private university in Peoria, Illinois, offering 5,400 undergraduate and graduate students the opportunities, choices and resources of a larger university and the personal attention and exceptional learning experience of a smaller university. Bradley offers a comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate academic programs in business, communications, education, engineering, fine arts, health sciences, liberal arts and sciences, and technology. The University is located on an 85-acre campus in Peoria, the largest metropolitan area in Central Illinois.
IMEC is a team of improvement specialists and technicians dedicated to providing organizations in Illinois with the tools and techniques to create sustainable competitive futures. The experienced hands-on team at IMEC works closely with its clients to plan critical business improvements in the areas of Leadership, Strategy, Customer Engagement, Operations, and Workforce.
With more than 50 full-time staff and partners positioned statewide, IMEC delivers the local expertise to not only plan and strategize, but to implement and evaluate the effectiveness of client improvements. In fact, IMEC assists more than 500 companies each year with successful business improvement projects.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT & OFFICE COORDINATION
· Process standard and electronic mail
· Create and maintain standard and electronic files and records
· Enter constituent data into proprietary databases; maintain and update records
· Complete annual reporting requirements
· Coordinate, schedule, arrange and secure meeting location for leadership and field staff
· Assist in agenda coordination for team meetings, off site meetings, and all staff meetings
· Book travel arrangements for leadership and field staff
· Purchase and maintain supplies for office and field staff
· Assist team with event planning and logistics including managing invitations and attendance, orders and shipments, AV equipment inventory, and important deadlines
· Produce letters and envelopes for mass mailings
· Responsible for supervising student workers and assigned work
· Maintain rosters and listings for staff and outside resources
· Maintain organizational archives
· Prepare books, reports and handouts as needed for training, projects and/or meetings
· Prepare training certificates upon training completion
COMMUNICATION & INTERACTION
· Welcome and greet clients and office guests
· Answer inbound phone calls and route as appropriate
· Prepare and proofread internal and external correspondence
· Establish a rapport with remote team members and external resources
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
· Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Strong work tenure: five to 7 years of related experience, preferably in a non-profit organization
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
Position may require travel to remote manufacturing facilities across the state. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Applicants must be capable of accessing manufacturing facilities which may not be ADA accessible.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter addressing the individual’s qualifications for the position, current resume, and complete contact information for three professional business references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled.
Employment with Bradley University is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from underrepresented groups.