“People are an organization’s most valuable and variable resource and I take great pride in helping others learn ways to develop the ‘human’ resource to achieve excellence.”
People are the core of an organization and one of the greatest investments a company can make is in its human assets. Throughout my career, I’ve been able to help companies transform how they develop their people resource to make a positive impact in their lives and get an ROI on their investment.
I am a results-oriented professional with over 30 years of workforce development and leadership experience, ranging from mid-level to executive level. By utilizing workforce development strategies, continuous improvement methods, and positive leadership skills, I have been able to ensure excellence in safety, quality, delivery, profit, and employee relations. I have had the good fortune to lead and experience first-hand how results in these areas can lead to improved business competitiveness and growth.
At IMEC, I’m a Technical Specialist with a focus on Workforce Planning and Development and I strive to leverage my experience and IMEC resources to help companies learn and develop solutions for their challenges and ensure success for their organizations.
- Workforce Development
- Leadership Training and Development
- Team Building
- On-Boarding and Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Employee Relations
- Planning, Development, and Leadership of Work Teams
- Positive and Motivational Leadership
- Effective Communication Skills
- Analysis, Problem Solving Skills, Planning, and Decision Making
- Project Management
- Safety Management
- Bachelor of Science in Management from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- Leadership Training
- Strategic Planning
- Lean Manufacturing/TPS
- I have improved leadership by developing customized classroom training, leadership coaching programs, and scorecards. This process helped ensure the classroom training was utilized by front-line supervisors to upper management. Additionally, programs were developed for employees to help them learn specifics of our company and industry while providing career paths and certifications.
- Successful employee and leadership development with employee engagement provided a great return on investment with an increase of 48% in sales and employment in two years while achieving profit targets.
- Proper onboarding of new employees is key to ensuring the employee journey starts positively. I have led onboarding activities that include data analysis, employee engagement, and solution development and implementation. Employee engagement was utilized for root cause input and countermeasure ideas. Multiple countermeasures were implemented to focus on training, both classroom and on-the-job (OJT), and communication, both in-person and electronic real-time. The improvement activity in onboarding enabled the company to move away from the negative churn and burn turnover cycle to planned proactive hiring.
- Using the right tools for the right job resulted in reducing turnover by 62%.
- The improved employee retention resulted in over $160,000 net cost savings.