“Companies have two fundamental purposes: what you need to do to better satisfy your customers, and what you need to do to survive and prosper….and know precisely what the gap is between what your customer wants and what you are able to deliver.” James Womack
With more than 30 years of operations experience, I have learned that Continuous Improvement is the key to long-term operational success. By collaborating with organizations to identify and eliminate wastes, they can improve workflow and processes which strengthens safety, quality, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
I have worked in a variety of industries including automotive, construction, printing, and consumer goods. This diversity of experience granted me a unique perspective and the ability to help a wide range of manufactures improve their operations and meet their strategic objectives.
Leading both large and small organizations, understanding both the horizontal and vertical dynamics of organizations, and applying lean principles, systems, and tools have equipped me with the knowledge and skills to successfully guide organizations in their lean transformation.
At IMEC, I am pleased to partner with Illinois manufacturers to help them succeed and prosper through operational excellence and build global competitiveness.
- Strategic Planning and Policy Deployment
- Shopfloor Management
- Lean Manufacturing
- Inventory Management
- New Product Development
- Model lines
- Toyota Production System (TPS) Principles
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a focus on Finance and Economics from Kent State University
- Master’s in business administration from University of Toledo
- Certificate in Executive Management from Harvard University
- Quality Systems Management
- Gemba Walks
- Visual Systems
- Process Improvement
- Gap Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Kanban / Pull Systems
- Value Stream Mapping
- Standardized Work
- Supply Chain Optimization
- While at a large sporting goods manufacturer:
- 43% reduction in scrap
- 56% reduction in re-work
- 96% on-time delivery
- Successfully implemented an internal milk run which eliminated hundreds of hours of walk time and efficiency loss.
- New product launched on time, with 80% reduction in rework and 35% increase in productivity.