- About IMEC
- Client Successes
- Manufacturing Data
Even the smallest manufacturing companies can sell products and services internationally. In Illinois, expert resources are available to help you navigate the process. We partner with the state's International Trade Centers, NAFTA Opportunity Centers and U.S. Export Assistance Centers to provide small and mid-sized manufacturers with strategic assistance in international business planning, sourcing, financing and logistics. We don't just talk to you about exporting—we work with you to develop a blueprint so you can begin exporting your products to the right markets at the right margins.
ExporTech™ is national export assistance program helping companies enter or expand in global markets. For Illinois companies, ExporTech™ is available through Metro Chicago Exports, in partnership with IMEC. Participants in the 9-week ExporTech™ program receive individual coaching, combined with group workshops, towards the development of a tailored export plan, unique for your company.
Companies that have gone through the ExporTech™ program report significant impacts to their bottom lines:
- On average, participating companies generate $500,000 - $700,000 in new export sales
- Many companies generate export sales within 6 months of completing the program
- The average participant reported cost and investment savings of $91,000
- The average company created 5 new jobs
- Since 2007, total program impact has been nearly $400 Million in increase or retained sales.
Complete the following form to learn how ExporTech™ can benefit your company.