Event: Achieving GFSI and FSMA Compliance
Description: More information available in the pdf flyer in the upper right corner.
This workshop is designed to cut through the mysteries of FSMA and GFSI and to help you chart a path for complying with these initiatives.
In this half-day workshop, you will discover:
- What impact FSMA is likely to have on your operations in the next 18 months.
- Which companies are most at risk from FSMA.
- If your current recordkeeping will satisfy the FDA inspector and the GFSI auditor.
- The differences between GFSI certifications and which might be best for your business.
- How GFSI is addressing smaller companies with limited compliance resources.
- The importance of having a published and practiced food safety plan.
- Whether your current employee training meets FDA and GFSI guidelines.
- How other Illinois companies achieved GFSI certification and what they are doing to prepare for FSMA.
Also, hear from Jared Krischel, BRC Implementation Lead for Oak State Products about how they achieved a certification under their chosen GFSI scheme.
What you'll receive: All participants will receive handouts of the workshop presentations, along with a list of resources for further discovery.
About the Workshop Presenters:
Alchemy Systems is the global leader in food and workplace safety training for production workers. Companies use Alchemy to increase productivity, reduce food safety incidents, and lower compliance risk. Alchemy's unique training solution provides an interactive learning experience for production workers and enables companies to build a strong food safety culture.
Since 1956, Oak State has been known for taking an innovative approach to contract baking while consistently producing quality baked goods for their customers. Oak State operates a 200,000 square-foot baking facility in Wenona, IL (35 miles north of Bloomington), and has production capacity of over 80 million pounds annually.
Sponsor: IMEC, Alchemy Systems, EDC of Bloomington-Normal
Presenter: Laura Nelson - Alchemy Systems, Jared Krischel - Oak State Products
Location: ISU Alumni Center, 1101 N. Main Street, Normal, IL 61761
Time: 8:00AM - 12:00PM
Contact Name: Amy Fitzgerald
Contact Phone: 3096772977
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org